Child Support

A non-custodial parent must pay child support to the custodial parent. Child support payments must continue until the child reaches independence. The amount of child support is based on the payor's income and the "extraordinary" expenses of the child (such as tuition, daycare, medical bills, etc.)


Disputes regarding child support are very common, and often focus on the income of the paying spouse and the amounts of any extraordinary expenses. A good lawyer can help you get the best child support outcome - one that protects you and your family in the years to come.


If you believe that your spouse is not paying enough child support, or if you are being asked to pay too much, call your Toronto family lawyers at Paul Mitassov Law today.